At Oldsmar Air Conditioning, we want you to be informed on the steps we take in replacing or installing your air conditioning unit. Your comfort is always our #1 Priority and selecting your new air conditioning system is a partnership between us that helps determine the perfect air conditioning system for you.
Below, you will find a list of the factors we use to determine the correct air conditioning system for your home. Our goal is to provide you with the best system for your lifestyle and budget, while making sure that you’re always in the position to make a wise, well-informed decision.
ENERGY STAR System Sizing Guidelines
- Installing the right-size equipment for your home is essential to getting the best performance from your heating and cooling equipment and maintaining the comfort you deserve. Some contractors believe that bigger is better when offering new equipment, but a system actually operates best when each component is properly sized.
- Oversized equipment may cycle on and off more frequently, which can make the home less comfortable, reduce humidity removal, and shorten the equipment life.
- We strictly follow ENERGY STAR guidelines by taking measurements of critical elements of your home and performing detailed calculations to determine the appropriate size for your air conditioner, furnace, or heat pump.
- When you purchase a new heating or cooling system, you expect high performance. Unfortunately, more than half of new systems in U.S. homes do not perform to their rated efficiency as a result of improper installation.
- In fact, improper installation can reduce performance by as much as 30%. This not only affects your utility bills but can lead to a variety of comfort problems, including insufficient dehumidification, dust from leaking ductwork, and poor air distribution.
- We feel strongly that proper installation is the most important element when determining how satisfied you’ll be with your new air conditioning system.
There are three steps outlined by the Department of Energy that we follow for every installation we complete:
- Sealing ducts: Ducts circulate air from the furnace, central air conditioner, or heat pump throughout the house. Often, ducts have damage or poor connections that leak hot or cold air and waste a lot of energy. Sealing ducts can greatly improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling system. The ENERGY STAR program requires that contractors inspect for duct leakage and make necessary repairs to minimize losses.
- Optimizing airflow: To operate well, a heating or cooling system needs to have the proper volume of air flow. If airflow is too high or too low, it may make the home less comfortable and increase utility bills. To comply with ENERGY STAR guidelines, we measure airflow and make any adjustments necessary for optimal performance.
- Proper refrigerant charge: It is important for an air conditioner or heat pump to have the correct amount of refrigerant, or correct refrigerant charge. An improperly charged system may consume more energy and provide less dehumidification. In compliance with ENERGY STAR guidelines, we ensure the proper refrigerant charge and adjust as necessary to make your home comfortable and avoid wasted energy.
Oldsmar Air Conditioning